Author Topic: Droylsden  (Read 3256 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Droylsden
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:08:41 PM »
Been back home for about a hour and still can't believe we lost today. A pretty even first half and then we dominated the second until that breakaway goal. Another good game to watch though on a beautiful afternoon.

By the way, did those at the game today spot our nemesis from last season, Warren Peyton? He was the scorer of the 'wonder goal' in the first leg of the play-off semi at Guiseley and then scored the winning penalty in the penalty shoot-out at our place. He came on as sub for Droylsden today and tried his luck with another free kick. Our wall blocked it this time though - with Rossy taking the brunt of another well struck shot.

I see the attendance was shown as 315 - surely that must be their biggest of the season. They've had sub 200 gates for the last three or four home games and I suppose the 50 or so BUFC fans helped make a difference.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Droylsden
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
Here's a few pics. More to follow:

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
More pics, more to follow.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
Absolutely no complaints about the performance!

They scored early on, when a midfielder cut inside neatly and fired into the corner. At that point I expected a repeat of last year, with us folding into a heavy defeat..

However, we came back strongly and Newsh should have buried a free header, but glanced it right at the keeper. Then Newsh had a goal disallowed, correctly, for offside in the 6 yard box.

Then, Spencer nipped onto a ball into the box and slotted home from an angle. From behind the goal, it looked like SWD had nipped in from behind the defender, and therefore shouldn't have had it ruled out. He obviously agreed, with the look on his face.

Second half we were dominant, spreading the ball out to the wings - Jelleyman acting as a wing back more than a full back. Finally, we equalised when Ross brilliantly whipped one into the top corner from the edge of the box. From behind the goal, right in line, as soon as he hit it, I knew it was looping over the keeper and in.

Semple came on and was his usual self - once fit, he must start games. He had a header from 6 yards out brilliantly saved by the keeper.

We then got hit on the break, and their striker lofted the ball over Bazza in a 1 on 1.

We should have had a penalty in the last few minutes, with Milnes being tripped in the area - but the referee somehow thought the defender had got the ball...

Play Offs over - unless we win every game?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 11:13:03 AM »
A good game today result aside, I'm gutted  ;) we lost though as we deserved at least a point if not all 3. First half was a pretty open affair, thought they had the better of it for large parts but we weren't without our chances. We had a major let off at 1-0 when they somehow managed to hit a post with the goal gaping, Bazza was stranded on the floor after mistiming a punch.

Second half was a different story, we tightened up at the back and where much the better side, once we equalised it looked like there would be only 1 winner, their goal coming from a swift counter attack was their only meaningful attempt on goal second half.

There where more than 50 of us there as well, I'd have put it at around 80 or 90. Not sure where they got 300+ from as first half there looked more of us than them, second half there support seemed to grow, wander if they let people in for nothing at half time like Guiseley did/do?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:15:21 AM by woad_pilgrim »

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
Final set of pics.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:39 PM »
Final set of pics.

[

Funny I thought Mick (Mr Tickle) was at the Black sluice eating Ice Cream Sundaes
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:42:44 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR