Author Topic: Show some leadership Newton.....  (Read 9722 times)

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Show some leadership Newton.....
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
Well said GHM. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
and of course it does not  bring the club into disrepute :dan

No more so than some PLCs who employ fraudsters  :dan

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 03:46:22 PM »
Can anyone just let me know why/What the club is to say/do,

Seems some are waiting for the club to say something. This is a personal issue and there for as nothing to do we the club.

Also of interest something as happened like this before elsewhere in which the person was dismissed from there club who later won compo from there club for doing so.

It was decided that it was a personal matter and was not down to the club so i think before anyone does what the terrible trio want them to do they should take a look back at past examples. Oh i forgot they couldnt care less anyway

Seenbetter

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
When posts like this are started the best thing to do is not to respond. The worst entry is always the second because it gives value  to the first. Todays news, tomorrows fish and chip paper.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »

Seems some are waiting for the club to say something. This is a personal issue and there for as nothing to do we the club.

Also of interest something as happened like this before elsewhere in which the person was dismissed from there club who later won compo from there club for doing so.

It was decided that it was a personal matter and was not down to the club so i think before anyone does what the terrible trio want them to do they should take a look back at past examples. Oh i forgot they couldnt care less anyway

Sorry, I don't understand that. The club surely has to say 'something' or you advocating they dont?
Dennis would have preferred this to remain private, but he surely cant be naive enough to believe it would. The issue for DN, courtesy of the local and county media, now a public one, is to reconcile the pros and cons of what Dennis was actually convicted of, particularly trust in the future. If he were to be sacked, especially if nothing was previously disclosed there would be no compensation issue as fraud clearly constitutes gross misconduct whether committed during his tenure here or not and especially as DG is in a position of trust. The actual football perspective is different altogether, and maybe he will stay purely on that basis, but it doesn't weaken the argument for knowing the clubs stance either way. I think he will get DN's support, but feel it must be advised for the chairman to explain why, don't you?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:53 PM »

Sorry, I don't understand that. The club surely has to say 'something' or you advocating they dont?
Dennis would have preferred this to remain private, but he surely cant be naive enough to believe it would. The issue for DN, courtesy of the local and county media, now a public one, is to reconcile the pros and cons of what Dennis was actually convicted of, particularly trust in the future. If he were to be sacked, especially if nothing was previously disclosed there would be no compensation issue as fraud clearly constitutes gross misconduct whether committed during his tenure here or not and especially as DG is in a position of trust. The actual football perspective is different altogether, and maybe he will stay purely on that basis, but it doesn't weaken the argument for knowing the clubs stance either way. I think he will get DN's support, but feel it must be advised for the chairman to explain why, don't you?

No. And its only gross misconduct if you do it to the club or why you are employed by the club.

I just had that one checked with a good friend why having a cuppa who works in criminal and employment law at ringrose. So yes Mr newton can say what he wants to keep the fans happy my point is he would have to be careful regarding the actions he takes and things he says.

As for anything else that would come down to anything highlighted within his contracts

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »
Bugger, just been on a speed awareness course, will have to ring John B tomorrow to cancel my season ticket, after all the club will surely not want me in the crowd.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »
Surely if the club we going to comment or take action regarding this issue It would of been done by now. It's time to move on and get behind the club and players. We have two massive fames coming up against promotion rivals.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 08:21:31 PM »
Surely if the club we going to comment or take action regarding this issue It would of been done by now. It's time to move on and get behind the club and players. We have two massive fames coming up against promotion rivals.

Dont always agree with you on everything but ill drink to that,

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »

Is a statement really needed BG ?  As you say through the local media it is now public knowledge .
Regarding trust does Greene handle the cash ?  I would think not .   And with legal implications as indicated by Bostonshire what further can he add at the moment ?
 Only thing not covered on this thread is how would SP assert his leadership in this issue ?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
I'm still stunned by this story   :o
I don't think David Newton would have taken DG on if he had known about this at the time.
Just an opinion, based on nothing...but if correct there are very few possible positive outcomes, probably none  :-\

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 09:31:02 PM »
I think maybe SP is overrating the importance of the club afterall  fiddling the DWP does not bar you from working on a MOD base .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »
I worked with someone who from day 1 of him starting work informed the DSS and they said they would cancel all his benefits that day.. He kept receiving money and rang again and the DSS said it was all in order,so he just kept letting the payments come in.. After months the DSS decided he had to go to court and be charged with claiming while working,he could have faced jail but owing to the fact his Dr told the court that this could cause him harm as he was epileptic..

Anyhow,it went to court and he got charged and had to pay the money back on a weekly basis until all payment was cleared,he also got 100 hours community service.. At no time did our boss threaten to sack him,he just called him stupid for not making sure he had been taken off the JSA register..

So why should DN et al sack DG?? DG did the crime and he has been to court and is paying it back so I cannot see what the fuss is about...

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
I just don't get this, maybe because I am older but there have been many instances of players sacked for gross misconduct for things that have happened at other clubs or offences committed during their time at the club that had nothing to do with footballing issues. Driving offences, twitter outbursts, sex scandals, and more recently betting scandals that had nothing to do with the clubs they were playing with, and the same applies to managers, some very high profile ones. I guess George Graham being the biggest and I dont think that ever went to trial and even Tommy Docherty was sacked for an affair with the physios wife, so yes, even if in the minority I do think a statement is totally needed, if only, and if it works out this way, for DN to show his public support for his manager and the reasons behind that support. Just my opinion.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 11:04:56 PM »
Newton out, Greene out, newsh out, under 12's manger out