Author Topic: v Blyth Spartans 13 Oct  (Read 8587 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Blyth Spartans 13 Oct
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:46:04 AM »
Good chance for CE and his team to assess our next opponents Blyth Spartans who are at Gainsborough in the FAC this Sat.  They may be lowly placed in the league at the moment but have faced a lot of the fancied teams and will be a tough nut to crack.
United we stand..................

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Blyth Spartans 13 Oct
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »
Will fancy their chances playing us with our home record......

Hopefully CE can get the team to play to our strengths and not mess about trying to get cute.

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »
I think Boston United ladies would fancy there chances against us at home.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
Keep an eye on their speedy and skilful left winger. Could do with him in our side.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 08:20:44 PM »
Keep an eye on their speedy and skilful left winger. Could do with him in our side.

Agreed: He was an absolute handful in the game at York Street last season! I didnt get to the debacle at their place earlier in the September so not sure how much damage he did at their place? But he looked hungry and dangerous @ our place. He needs to be marked or he will cause damage. Jamma was going berserk with our forwards & midfielders for just giving him free will to hurt! Ok he drifts out & picks it up deep & just runs direct at backpeddling opponents. Got to get tight on him & get him hit early on. If he's ignored we won't get away Scot free again.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
One of their supporters at Blyth last season told me he had been timed at 11 seconds for the 100 metres. I wouldn't like to vouch for the accuracy of that but wouldn't surprise me looking at him

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »
One of their supporters at Blyth last season told me he had been timed at 11 seconds for the 100 metres. I wouldn't like to vouch for the accuracy of that but wouldn't surprise me looking at him

If that guy was their No.7 today he didn't get much change out of Ashley Jackson.  One minute he is rolling around in agony and the next running about like a spring chicken.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 06:17:18 PM »

I think we did OK...

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 06:30:43 PM »
Fantastic performance all round. Enough said. Look like we have the potential to score at will. Credit to the manager for addressing the situation

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »
Another clean sheet and 4 goals, all from different scorers to cheer.  Well done!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 06:57:08 PM »
The difference today was very simple. Lads playing for each other and NO BIG EGO'S  to polish.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 09:10:46 PM »
The difference today was very simple. Lads playing for each other and NO BIG EGO'S  to polish.
I agree, it made a big difference. It was interesting to hear Craig's post match interview on Radio Lincolnshire when he was asked about Jonny Margett's not even on the bench. His reply was very clearly "I've told him he can look for another team. There's several showed an interest. The rest is up to him." As I said a couple of games ago, I'd much rather watch lads who give 100%, even if they're not quite the same pedigree.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »

Great to hear this!! This was a massive result today. There was pressure on CE & the players after the recent home results. Unlike this time last season when Adams disastrous run was gaining momentum ....Craig has been proactive and decisive with personnel....where as AM procrastinated and stuck with a defensive losing formula that cost him his job. Craig could have dug in with his pre season signings that were selling him short. He's cracked the whip shown a few the door  and fair play to him he was big enough to go to the Chairman and ask for new blood to kick start the season again. Ok the away form had been decent. But there were passengers who appeared unable to apply themselves at York Street? Let's hope the conviction shown this afternoon carries on and YS becomes once again a place where opposition hate coming to!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »
Very good performance, enjoyed it very much.
Who needs big names with lazy attitudes and lack of passion and ambition.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »
Aside from the goals, the midfield looked much better with Thanoj and Abbott both playing well. Nosher is another option so that bodes well for future games. Defence did well to snuff out the threat from their number 7 too.
Arlott was the biggest plus for me though with his all round performance, even without the goal.  Well played Craig for making the changes!  8)