Author Topic: 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 ???  (Read 3346 times)

BosLeake

• View Profile
4-3-3 or 4-4-2 ???
« on: September 02, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
Hi All

Which formation do you feel is the best , my problem with the 4-3-3 we have many wingers and the system rules them out of the equation to a point,I do not like to see MN crossing the ball in when he should be in the box.

bluenose

• View Profile
Re: 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 ???
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
JL, said you can not have too many wingers, well what,s the point if you don't use them! We can have 5 strikers but useless unless they get the service. 4-3-3 is too predictable ???

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »
4 3 3 for me. As for the wingers Fairclough can play in a front 3, French is still learning the game in the reserves, I would love to see Stokes as a right back next game, and Smith on the bench to change the game/formation if needed. Reed and and Ross were our star performers yesterday in my opinion and would have played better and created more if Willson was fit to play just behind them. Newsham, SWD, Jones (although probably out injured the next few games) and Fairclough can all create chances for each other and score goals. Team for Oxford:

Haystead

Stokes                  Stainsfield                                                               Miller                                    Jellyman

Willson

Reed                                                   Ross

SWD                                                 Newsham                                  Fairclough             

Hopefully Jellyman and Willson are fit enough to play again.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
How about 5-4-1 jones up on his todd

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »
Unfortunately Jones isn't expected to be fit for the net few games.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »
Our most improved player's were on the bench .stoke's fairclough and smith ' 4 4 2 would bring at least 2 of them into play.(without a willson type of player 433 is a none starter for me )

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:17 AM »
Our most improved player's were on the bench .stoke's fairclough and smith ' 4 4 2 would bring at least 2 of them into play.(without a willson type of player 433 is a none starter for me )

Good points miele my thinking to!

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
Stokes has got pace to die for, cant understand why we don,t test the wing backs ???

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
Like Carl 4-3-3 for me. If everyone is fit and on current form:

Haystead

Silk          Stainfield            Ward           Field

Wilson

Reed             Ross

Jones          Newsh          SWD

Sounds as though Jones is going to be out for at least Tuesday going on comments on here so I'd go with Kallum Smith. If Wilson isn't fit I'd go for Silk in the holding midfield role like he did when he replaced Wilson at Droylsden and slot Marshall back in, if not fit then I'd probably go with Stokes.

Edit: gone for Field in front of Jelly as I thought he was outstanding Saturday, our MOTM by some distance (only better player was their keeper IMO).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:30:38 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
Field was very good Saturday but after we went 2-1 down his inexperience seemed to show for me and seemed 'rattled'. Need a turnaround in results and for me the experience of the consistent club captain is needed.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »
Field was very good Saturday but after we went 2-1 down his inexperience seemed to show for me and seemed 'rattled'. Need a turnaround in results and for me the experience of the consistent club captain is needed.
From where i sat field could see the danger's and was screaming at play's to wake up. For a first time at this levell he did ok for me .( i can see what scot and hurst saw in him while they where hear ) maybe one to watch for the future  ;)