Author Topic: In and Outs  (Read 13025 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: In and Outs
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
just remind me how much money did we get for miller?

There were many on here who wouldn't have given tuppence for Miller when we signed him and I expect DG had an agreement not to hold him back if he did well.  Hence no fee.  A good bit of business in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:42:23 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 06:41:58 PM »
Miller was out of contract and over 24 hence no fee had to be paid as he was a free agent.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 07:05:55 PM »
just remind me how much money did we get for miller?
£0. What's your point?
+1

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2014, 08:07:57 PM »

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 03:58:02 PM »
I thought it was obvious. Some people think he was one of the best forwards in the league last year, but we somehow manage to let him go for £0. And before you say he was out of contract, if he was that good how did we let that happen?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Monetary restraints might have been one cause.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
I thought it was obvious. Some people think he was one of the best forwards in the league last year, but we somehow manage to let him go for £0. And before you say he was out of contract, if he was that good how did we let that happen?

You can,t hold a gun to a players head and make him extend a contract ,  simple .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
Because he knew he could play higher than Conference North, and had an aim of being a professional footballer.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »

"one of the best forwards in the league last year "   According to the judgement of  Con N managers he was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »
We had a chance to sell him twice before the deadline, and DN apparently but understandably turned the offers down. Was it a gamble, yes one that so very very nearly paid off. Dover fans are in for a treat even if it is only for a month, and when he gets fit, so too I think will luton fans.

PS: who can we get in now then ;D

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 07:12:20 PM »
Dover fans are in for a treat even if it is only for a month, and when he gets fit, so too I think will luton fans.

Dover are live on BT Sport next week. Makes for an even better opportunity to show what he can do in front of a nationwide audience.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »
Dover fans are in for a treat even if it is only for a month, and when he gets fit, so too I think will luton fans.

Dover are live on BT Sport next week. Makes for an even better opportunity to show what he can do in front of a nationwide audience.

Wednesday 10 September: Dover Athletic v Barnet - 7.45pm (BT Sport 1)
United we stand..................