Author Topic: Today!  (Read 2794 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Today!
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
Just thinking, has anyone that is relatively new to Pilgrims'Patter attended today's match?  ;) Do you have a view?  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Steelihat

• View Profile
Re: Today!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 07:44:18 PM »
....err yes

Boston played with the wind first half, and worked really hard and were worth their goal lead at half time.
Trinity improved after the break, with Yates ( yes him) the best player. The Blues had the better chances, but Haystead had a good game (should have been booked for time wasting)
A fair result on the day.

Some of your supporters let your club down, but most had a good day out.

Stokes came on as sub, and looked useful, can't see why you released him, and thought your centre half ( Stainsfield?) was very good

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »
....err yes

Boston played with the wind first half, and worked really hard and were worth their goal lead at half time.
Trinity improved after the break, with Yates ( yes him) the best player. The Blues had the better chances, but Haystead had a good game (should have been booked for time wasting)
A fair result on the day.

Some of your supporters let your club down, but most had a good day out.

Stokes came on as sub, and looked useful, can't see why you released him, and thought your centre half ( Stainsfield?) was very good

Was worried for Stainsfield as he started a bit out of sorts but grew into the game. Yates does well to play the pantomime villain, played well but was lucky to still be on the pitch after going down softly when already booked for persistent tumbling.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:00:13 PM »
Just thinking, has anyone that is relatively new to Pilgrims'Patter attended today's match?  ;) Do you have a view?  8)
I didn't get to the match today as live over 200 miles away and try and combine fixtures with seeing my kids. Unfortunately they were working this w/e so couldn't make it. However, listened to it on-line and, as the commentators said, it seemed high on drama but short on flair, BUFC having the heart while GT having the highly paid players. In the end a good point, especially when you consider that Barrow FC are the underdogs v GT on Tuesday in the Trophy!   ???

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
I didn't get to the match today as live over 200 miles away and try and combine fixtures with seeing my kids. Unfortunately they were working this w/e so couldn't make it. However, listened to it on-line and, as the commentators said, it seemed high on drama but short on flair, BUFC having the heart while GT having the highly paid players. In the end a good point, especially when you consider that Barrow FC are the underdogs v GT on Tuesday in the Trophy!   ???

That information is devastating! How can I now maintain a conspiracy theory when you clearly live 200 mile away?  8)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
I was at the game today and thought the lads did the club proud today and rolled there sleeves up and got stuck in. Good point in the end thought milnes and foster were terrific.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:17:06 PM »
Hands up those who suspected once arrieeggh had posted, shauney would follow very soon after! Amazing.  8)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »
Im sure Drury said the same ............................................

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 08:56:52 PM »
Hands up those who suspected once arrieeggh had posted, shauney would follow very soon after! Amazing.  8)

Don't be silly mlf it was a full 3 minutes before GD's son Shauney posted.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR