Author Topic: Highlights Help  (Read 2546 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Highlights Help
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »
OK, so I got my shiny new camera at Christmas to record better footage of matches.  The problem was it recorded in the wrong format to edit all the clips together into a video.

I just bought QuickTime Pro to convert the format, but the quality once converted is poor.  This is very frustrating when the whole reason I got a new camera was to drastically improve the quality!

What can I do?  Am I going to have to buy a movie editing suite now that is compatible with .MOV files?  This is turning out to be a very expensive operation.  >:(

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Highlights Help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »
I dont know much about formats but the software we use in our sixth form is Adobe Premiere Elements, im not sure if thats better or worse than quicktime Pro, but doing a bit of research on it it doesnt seen very extensive compared to adobe, which i dont know how much it costs.

Hopefully theres some computer boffin on here

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
RTFM  ;D

Looks like you need to change the export settings in Quicktime Pro so your AVIs are as good as your MOVs.

Similarly if you are editing with Windows Movie Maker you will need to look at the advanced settings when saving your edited movie to your computer.

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »
I dont know if you have a mate with a Mac, but they all come with iMovie, which is the quickest and easiest way to edit .mov files, and they will retain their quality. You can then save it in any format you want

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
So, I make it 8 seconds between their kick off and Koranteng's first goal...