Author Topic: Boston to stick to their budget  (Read 2549 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boston to stick to their budget
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »
BOSTON UNITED joint-boss Rob Scott says new signing Gareth Davies could be the last new arrival at York Street for the foreseeable future.

Davies – signed last week from UniBond League Premier Division rivals Matlock – made his debut on Saturday as the Pilgrims swept into the last eight of Challenge Cup with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Sheffield FC.
Boston joint-manager Rob Scott

Mikel Suarez and Marc Newsham netted in the first half for Boston in the hastily rearranged fixture following the postponement of their scheduled league visit to leaders Retford.

Scott would sorely like to add to his promotion-chasing squad, but with the Pilgrims’ playing budget being used to its full capacity, Scott and Paul Hurst have little room for manoeuvre in the transfer market, the Lincolnshire Echo is reporting.

“In an ideal world we’d bring in another two to strengthen, but it’s got to be the right player at the right price and someone who will make us a better team,” says Scott.

“We’re always looking, but the budget is up to its maximum. So unless someone becomes available and we’re able to do something, it’s a no.

“Moving players out to make room is easier says than done. Players don’t want to be moved out because they’re at a big club that is third in the league and they want to be part of it.

“But if it was me, as a player, and I wasn’t involved, I’d think about playing more games.

“That’s down to the individual and something we’ll be addressing in the next couple of weeks.”

http://nln24.com/news/story/boston-to-stick-to-their-budget

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston to stick to their budget
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »
Obviously S&H didn't go to the Steve Evans school of budgeting.

Good to hear that bit about players not wanting to leave.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:36:45 PM »
The last couple of lines,however, would suggest they would like to move a couple of players out.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »
The last couple of lines,however, would suggest they would like to move a couple of players out.

Yep, but its not as if we have loads of players sitting on the sidelines at the moment, maybe one or two upfront, like Suarez or DD may be at risk.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
I think at the DD is at risk,And althou myself i disagree but i would susspect that clark is to far from there minds