Author Topic: Scotts rant at Grimsby fans  (Read 10038 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scotts rant at Grimsby fans
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
Would we have them back?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
Would we have them back?

yes,  Mad i know

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
Think PH will only be able to take so much before moving on .   I think after this rant being seen nationwide on you tube Scott will be bypassed by what was potential employers.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 07:27:40 PM »
Think PH will only be able to take so much before moving on .   I think after this rant being seen nationwide on you tube Scott will be bypassed by what was potential employers.

A very short sighted view, chairmen only see results and bums on seats. If they turn it round and send them upto the top, a small rant at a few moaners will never be mentioned again.

Didn't Clough once strike a fan, he did alright for himself though.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
Alot of the top managers are slightly crazy Cloughie, Fergie, Wenger and Mourinio to name a few it's that narrow minded, self centered burning desire to overcome all at any cost that makes them succsessful people traits that are mirrored in other professions; Alan Suagar or Gordon Ramsey would be deemed mentally insane by many despite being gifted and respect leaders.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 07:46:14 AM »

Copied verbatim from the Lincolnshire Echo;

Scott cracks as the fans attack                                                                                                     Monday, August 29, 2011

THEY often say pressure kills rational thinking and it seems that Grimsby boss Rob Scott is another manager feeling the strain of expectation.

For those who have not seen it yet, there is a remarkable video on You Tube of the former Rotherham player taking a Mariners fan to task over their poor start to the season.

It was filmed after their defeat to Darlington this weekend and as you would expect it is laden with some rather colourful language.

Scott appears as if he is on the edge of a full-scale meltdown given the amount of unrest that is growing at Blunder Park.

But what I found particularly astounding was that he told a supporter, in his own inimitable way, that if he didn't like it, then don't bother turning up.

If I was the chairman John Fenty, I do not think I would be particularly pleased with my manager telling a customer to stop contributing to the gate receipts.

No matter how irate this supporter was, he contributes to Scott's wages and is well within his rights to vent his frustrations.

And let's get it right, he will not be the only customer unhappy with the Mariners' progression, so is Scott going to tell them all to not bother turning up?

The last time I saw something like that was when George Foster confronted some Lincoln fans and he lost his job not long afterwards.

I'm sure the majority of Boston fans have had a little chuckle to themselves at Scott's implosion after he walked out on them last season.

The two clubs are still in dispute over compensation for Scott and Paul Hurst, who also left with him.

At this rate we will end up having a tribunal for two out of work managers.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 09:17:02 AM »
Why cant people leave Rob alone, Hes a great manager who is highly respected and is of at least Championship manager level.
Please dont sack him or drive him to resign, at least until we have got our compensation then you can do what you want with the gobby, nasty tw-t.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
Why cant people leave Rob alone, Hes a great manager who is highly respected and is of at least Championship manager level.
Please dont sack him or drive him to resign, at least until we have got our compensation then you can do what you want with the gobby, nasty tw-t.

I wondered where you was going with that until I read the second sentence. I like !!! ;)
I might be in the minority here but I thought just as S&H left that there were running out of ideas at Boston and had started to lose confidence from a few of the players like Yates,SWD and Semple. The loan signing were not that good except Jamie Green but he wasn't brilliant every game. Darley, Robinson and Williams were poor and im sure there were a couple others. anyway we'll see with Grimsby but I for one cant say im sad see see them crash and burn. I don't particularly like Grimsby (Cleethorpes) as a town, I don't think their fans are that nice, the chairman (well you can guess what I think about him but I best not write ought as he reads the forums and websites quite Meticulously, and well S&H can do one )!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:08:14 PM by Richie..p »

colindavy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »
It was good, but not as funny as Tommy Taylor's rant at the team after they'd spent quite a time playing head tennis on the half-way line at Southport - "What have I got here? A team of facking morris dancers!"

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »
Shouty has issued a statement regarding his "rant". As it's on GTFC's official website everything must be a true statement of fact  ;) Mr Fenty

"Our chairman, despite pumping funds in, doesn't have a bottomless pit, like Mr Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan at Man City. That said, do you think he'd have head hunted a couple of mugs?"

So he head hunted the management duo did he?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
To be fair I have seen many a mug 'head hunted' over the years ......

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
Shouty has issued a statement regarding his "rant". As it's on GTFC's official website everything must be a true statement of fact  ;) Mr Fenty

"Our chairman, despite pumping funds in, doesn't have a bottomless pit, like Mr Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan at Man City. That said, do you think he'd have head hunted a couple of mugs?"

So he head hunted the management duo did he?

Hopefully someone from the club has picked up this statement for use as court evidence!