Author Topic: Arrivals  (Read 3709 times)

View from the Park

• View Profile
Arrivals
« on: November 28, 2022, 09:26:08 PM »
After listening to the Managers press interview after the game against BPA, sounds like there may be a change on the playing personnel, comings and goings, which player would you like to arrive, be serious

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Arrivals
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 09:38:46 AM »
It'll likely be more loans from the EFL so who knows? There are thousands of the kids and I stopped playing Footy Manager a long time ago.

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 08:09:32 PM »
After listening to the Managers press interview after the game against BPA, sounds like there may be a change on the playing personnel, comings and goings, which player would you like to arrive, be serious
Matt Rhead or Tom Denton

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 10:00:05 PM »
Matt Rhead or Tom Denton

Burrow is back in training and was warming up with players pre match so he will be a big plus when available soon and likely mean we won't need another target man to come in.

Not too sure who we need exactly but someone who can make us harder to beat, we seem to concede goals too easily at times. Mills and Sheils being injured we're missing them, would be nice to have them back but sounds like they will be out for a while yet so feel we need an experienced defender to make us more resolute. 

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 11:08:11 AM »
I see Shaun Pearson is coming on loan from Grimsby.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 11:23:53 AM »
Not too sure who we need exactly but someone who can make us harder to beat, we seem to concede goals too easily at times. Mills and Sheils being injured we're missing them, would be nice to have them back but sounds like they will be out for a while yet so feel we need an experienced defender to make us more resolute.

Wow they've only gone and got in Shaun Person on loan.   :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:27:15 PM by Lee Newell »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 12:06:32 PM »
Hope it works out better than Dayle Southwell, Zak Mills, Paul Cavell...!!

I also hope it's for more than a month, too. We really can't go on with this constant churn of players.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 12:54:26 PM »
Hope it works out better than Dayle Southwell, Zak Mills, Paul Cavell...!!

I also hope it's for more than a month, too. We really can't go on with this constant churn of players.

Nearly on my level of cynicism there Peter, you go steady.

SP was THE stand out post FL player for me, as long as people don't expect too much he'll be a huge improvement on anything PC bought this summer. A leader has been conspicuous by its absence for a few years, hopefully he plugs that gap. 

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 01:25:17 PM »
Yes, I agree very much on the leadership point. Here's to tomorrow....

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 04:15:22 PM »

Excellent news, hopefully the leader we desperately need. Played 90 mins in the EFL Trophy last month but think thats his only appearance since september, so maybe not fully match fit (but on the plus side may mean that he could be available for longer). Welcome back Shaun...

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 05:50:13 PM »
Well Shaun did the trick today, in my opinion he took all the worry and pressure of Tom Platt to enable him to have his best game of the season. Much happier with the all round display today but should have had five or six goals to be fair. Although Pollack did very well with his hatrick from mid field we still lack that goalscoring forward. UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2022, 10:01:56 AM »
Yesterday v Leamington was certainly much more like it. The consensus around me was that it was our best performance at home so far. We had a shape and had some very nice one-touch passages of play. Pearson has undoubtedly added guidance at the back, where Pollock was excellent - as he has been for some time. I like the fact that when he plays it long from the back, it's never a hoof and there is always thought behind it. It was such a pass that started the move for the third goal. Platt was excellent. It was a very good team performance, and we outplayed Leamington even without McLintock shining to the extent he has recently. Can we keep this up?