Author Topic: 3 nil up and messed it up  (Read 21680 times)

black n yella

Re: 3 nil up and messed it up
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
There hasn't been much of an atmosphere at York street in ages, town Enders where silent today

Unfortunately it's just a few of us trying and occasionally the rest join in. There was me thinking York Street had 4 stands  ::)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 10:11:50 AM »
HAD it not been for   TIMMS GARNER BORE   things would have been a lot worse for sure.
there work rate is outstanding with little credit at the end.
apart from GARNER were was GREENEs fantastic 4 today.
Garner was the one with the headband. I think you'll find it was Piergianni who mopped everything up.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
I also think Timms is our best keeper for a very long time, but as regards Harrogate's second goal - from where I was sat it looked as though he moved (his body -his feet didn't move), thinking that the ball was going to miss the goal.  The highlights will show whether or not I am correct.  His distribution in the first half though was first class.

I think he was caught out by how early the bloke took it- perhaps he was in no position to get the dive out (body weight on the wrong foot maybe)- I can't really blame him as I think had he been in position, it was right into the corner

black n yella

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »
I'll keep my post short as I'm still fuming how our players let a 3 goal lead go. 1st half was the best I've seen us play at home. 2nd half the players came out and thought they'd done enough. They showed a total lack of respect towards Harrogate and it was unprofessional. To not even try and totally kill the game off with more goals is unthinkable. A game is never won until the final whistle goes. No one in the second half should escape criticism IMO.

Question for fellow pilgrims - have we managed to put in a full 90 minute shift this season ?

I've personally yet to see us perform consistently throughout a game and that's what's going to ultimately cost us a chance of a play off spot. 

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 11:02:09 AM »
I have not seen a decent side come to boston yet   so playoffs are on the cards for sure.
SANSARA should not have come on he was not in the same frame of mind having being used to starting.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:30:18 AM by miele »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
I have not seen a decent side come to boston yet   so playoffs are on the cards for sure.
SANSARA should not have come on he was not in the same frame of mind having being used to starting.

I've also not seen us play at home to a top 5 side, but we've played Brackley and Ferriby away and conceded 5 and scored 0.

Next Saturday is massive, Alty are the benchmark for us, they don't spend big but are always competitive and top 5 or 6 material. Forget the monied teams, if we take points off Alty we can say we're in the mix, if we lose we'll be 7 points off them and in all probability mid table for the 1st time this season with some tough games coming up.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
Even llowing for his strange  behaviour and at times shows of on pitch petulance and or tantrums, and certainly forgetting last weeks goal which can happen to any keeper, while not really living up to the boast of DG that he is the best keeper in NL football, I dont think anyone can question either his consistenty or shot stopping form. I think probably along with Pidge, Garner, Marshall, Newsh and Miller he is right up there as one of the best signings, cant work why hes getting stick TBF?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »

I've also not seen us play at home to a top 5 side, but we've played Brackley and Ferriby away and conceded 5 and scored 0.

Next Saturday is massive, Alty are the benchmark for us, they don't spend big but are always competitive and top 5 or 6 material. Forget the monied teams, if we take points off Alty we can say we're in the mix, if we lose we'll be 7 points off them and in all probability mid table for the 1st time this season with some tough games coming up.

Yeah Brackley and Furby aren't playing the same game we are, Alty are so we need points against them to prove we're capable
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
I do agree with the comment made earlier about Sansaras reluctance to put his head in where it hurts. I guarantee Pidge, Marshall or Garner would have chased the ball out of the six yard area and literally thrown their heads in in an effort to head the ball away. Sansara checked,preferring to lift his leg five feet up in the air instead and giving away the most blatant of penalties in doing so, leaving an anwful ref no option but to flash a red card, despite the derision from all around me, who in even thinking about qustioning it proved that there are many supporters who obviously have no grasp of the rules.

Were the players poor, collectively in the second half yes,but I suggest no poorer than the tactics we are playing at the moment
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:11:50 PM by B Grimes »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »

I don't get your point here. So what you are trying to say is that anyone that has played in the previous game and find themselves on the bench the following should not be brought on ?  really ??  We would soon find ourselves with players leaving if that was the case. Its a team game, those on the bench are as much geared up for the day ahead as starters.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
I say he should have started then came off,then dropped to the bench for the next game after seeing what the other guy can do.
players come off the bench with a job to do I am sorry but he came on with no passion for the game IMO.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
HAD it not been for   TIMMS GARNER BORE   things would have been a lot worse for sure.
Garner was the one with the headband. I think you'll find it was Piergianni who mopped everything up.

Agree , even though he had a decent game Garner was not at his best .   The only masterstroke that Den pulled of as far as I could see was when Bore was moved forward and Marshall reverted to full back,
Shame he did,nt do it earlier when it was obvious Bore could not cope .

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2013, 02:10:57 PM »

Agree , even though he had a decent game Garner was not at his best .   The only masterstroke that Den pulled of as far as I could see was when Bore was moved forward and Marshall reverted to full back,
I don't think MARSHALL could cope either he were looking more like a cart horse than a young pony as the game went on.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
I say he should have started then came off,then dropped to the bench for the next game after seeing what the other guy can do.
players come off the bench with a job to do I am sorry but he came on with no passion for the game IMO.

New one on me miele , so if next match Den wants to make changes and drop three players he should start with an unchanged team and after a few mins bring off the ones he wants to drop and bring on their replacements off the bench .

Sorry but if a player comes off the bench and shows no passion then its time for him to go ,

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »

I don't think MARSHALL could cope either he were looking more like a cart horse than a young pony as the game went on.

Check how many goals we conceded after Marshall moved to full-back.

Re the cart horse bit he tends to have that look from the kick-off ,   Although compared to one ex-pilgrim Marshall looks rather elegant ,   remember Howard Wilkinson miele ?