Author Topic: Bank Holiday Weekend in The Pilgrim Lounge  (Read 6051 times)

cookie

• View Profile
Bank Holiday Weekend in The Pilgrim Lounge
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
This Bank Holiday Weekend: Friday to Monday is Pilgrim Fest

Boston United’s Beer Festival takes place in The Pilgrim Lounge
with Live Music, DJ Sets and BBQ with Beer & Cider from only £2.50!

Come along and enjoy a real ale or two!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bank Holiday Weekend in The Pilgrim Lounge
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Morrisons are doing 3 big packs of ale or lager for £20.

Get a slice of that and enjoy the comfort and peace and quiet  of your own home or hit the beach.
 :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
Have they let you out again? What a mean-spirited person you must be.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »
More often than not you seem to miss the point David.  The forum should be independent of BUFC and certainly not one to sticky all its marketing endeavours.

If Mr Newton wants to come on here and answer fans' questions directly he should be welcomed but this should not be another arm of BUFC commercial inc.  In my humble opinion and quite frankly I am surprised Ken tolerates/permits it.  :bunny
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:46:44 AM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
Ken happens to be a very, and loyal, fan of the Club.

Probably the biggest surpise of all is that he tolerates YOU.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
We are all very loyal fans of the club Gussie if not necessarily of the management.  :bunny

So beware in whose company you are seen!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
Don't forget there is also another Beer Festival going on in Boston this weekend at the Black Sluice Cafe.

Two beer festivals, Boston United's first Saturday home game and I'm down in the West Country for a family wedding. D'oh.

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3552.0

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks Ken. Please tell the folks about the evils of over indulgence too. I try to leave behind  at least half a pint in the glass to be on the safe side. ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 12:20:53 PM »
Thanks Ken. Please tell the folks about the evils of over indulgence too. I try to leave behind  at least half a pint in the glass to be on the safe side. ;)

Perhaps somewhere like Oldrids Smoothy Bar would be your preferred pre-match refreshment venue this weekend.

Their delicious Home-made Smoothies are made from fresh frozen fruit, pure fruit juice and low fat frozen yoghurt all whizzed up into a refreshing low fat treat. If however you are in the mood for a luxury ice-cream style treat then their Yogen Fruz Ice is just the thing for you. Blended from fresh fruit and creamy vanilla yoghurt (98% fat free) they are a favourite of kids and adults alike.

If fine coffees are your thing then their range of 'Fairtrade' will hit the spot. From Rich Espresso to Creamy Mocha you are sure to find a favourite.

You will also find a great selection of Toasted Sandwiches, Toasted Onion Bread, Cakes and Biscuits.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 01:55:35 PM »
Oldrids has a smoothy bar? Keep  :) out all costs.  They can be highly addictive and affect your personal wealth.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
Not that I would know as I don't trade with your family on principle.

However, as a family member I would have thought you knew everything about how your dividends are accumulated.

Probably you don't get any divi though, as someone I know wandered through Downtown at about 5.45pm one evening this last week (taking the shortcut to Tesco, I might add), and said you could count the customers on one hand and still have two fingers to stick up to you!!!!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »
Don't say that Gus it is the only passage between Homebase and Tesco. Support your local thoroughfare.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
Probably you don't get any divi though, as someone I know wandered through Downtown at about 5.45pm one evening this last week (taking the shortcut to Tesco, I might add), and said you could count the customers on one hand and still have two fingers to stick up to you!!!!

Gussie poohs , the only people about at 5.45pm are pensioners who go bargain hunting in  Tesco's.

Those earning a decent enough salary to shop in Boston's Own Department store (and fund my caviar budget) are still at work.  :dan

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »
Not from what I hear, dear boy.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »

Gussie poohs , the only people about at 5.45pm are pensioners who go bargain hunting in  Tesco's.

Those earning a decent enough salary to shop in Boston's Own Department store (and fund my caviar budget) are still at work.  :dan

. . . and your emporium in Bargate isn't as full of stock as it used to be. Wonder why?