Author Topic: Boston United v Harrogate Town  (Read 9361 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United v Harrogate Town
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
Rob said that Ricky wasn't at fault for either goal,the first was bad marking on the left wing when the number 11 was left free,then his ball was controlled by another unmarked player.... It was his kick to Boyes that lead to our first goal,he was always looking for a team mate as you say,either throwing it our or kicking short when he could.. He seemed confident to me,shouting at the defence and asking for the ball....

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »
5 games in 15 days have taken their toll. Apart from the first 15 minutes we looked mentally tired and physically sluggish allowing a poor Harrogate side to control too much of the match. Their number 5 dominated everything.
Probably our poorest performance of the season but credit to the lads for keep going to the end, albeit on 'empty', to get the point. I'm sure we are not the only team suffering from game overload - look at todays results - but at least we  haven't any midweek games for a few weeks now.

Thought Drury had a decent game for a player plucked from the obscurity of the Lincolnshire League which is only one step up from Local League football!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
A few more pics while I'm waiting at Grantham for the train back to Leeds.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
I think the keeper had a very good game he was about the only one who could see the long ball wasnt working and there was alot of times when players could have bought the ball down. But on the whole not to bad they didnt play midweek like us remember so that may explain a little of why they was closing down so well

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:26 PM »
I'm seeing a pattern....

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:31:43 PM by Ken Fox »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »
I thought their no5 was excellent, if we didn't have such a solid back line I'd be looking at us taking him on.

We looked all over the place but the mark of a good side is getting something out of a game when you play poorly; I don't think we could have had too many complaints if we'd lost today but 10 points out of 12 from the 4 home games will do for me.

Just one grumble.The programme. £2.50 for something with no relevance to recent events. Ok so I can take on board the fact we'd lose money on a reprint but to just stick a new cover round it was poor. A quid would have been plenty.

YellowHills

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
That number 5 looks like the long-lost, poorer footballing cousin of David Luiz/Fabricio Colocinni  :D

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 12:03:59 AM »
Final set of pics.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
 BUFC branded micro-lite anyone ?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 07:54:18 AM »
I, too, thought the keeper had a good game, and showed more intelligence with his distribution than we are used to (he was keen to get attacks moving and quick to spot an available player). He called well and claimed balls. There was a cross in the first half that he gathered and held on to confidently when challenged by a considerably bigger player.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
I have seen the lad Drury play in the Reserves this season and he has done well, he does kick and throw very well, the only down side to him that I can see is, he is not 6.0', but Bazza was not 6.0' and he was a great keeper.