Author Topic: Well done Skelmersdale!  (Read 18757 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Skelmersdale!
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »
Excellent posting by seeingbetter , agree with his match summing up . For some reason I did not notice the refs arse !!!! will Ken be putting on any photos of her rear so I can assess s/b,s judgement .?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
NF you werent there Tuesday, they werent pathetic.Played well to a man didnt take chances, missed a chance last minute and a minute later 2-2. Dont judge you werent there.

Today we werent good enough.However at the end instead of booing our team off about fifty supportes applauded the away team off and with gusto, was a very sporting effort and appreciated by the away team and fans, afterwards in the bar good to mix with the away team and fans.

We no doubt will go and win there, but a bad day at the office.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
Nicely put.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

skemutd

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »
Has the manager merry go round so prevelant in the Premiershit now hit BSN

You lose a few then want to sack your manager, lets get real folks.  Only one team can win, (unless you draw)
Changinga manager after a few ddgy results aint goonna bring success, The most succesful side in world football has had the same manager for 27 years (?)

THought you played well today, remember you were up against a side who had only lost once this season and from your supporters Skem would do extremely well in your division.

Give the guy a break and get behind him, that is the only way forward....that is after tuesday!!!!

Good result for us, thought we did enough to edge it, and glad that the good true supporters stayed behind to applaud the boys off.

Good day out was enjoyed by everyone, hope we made a noise and that created an atmosphere and look forward to seeing you all on tuesday

Carl in the club has promised to give £50 to Charity if I have my hair shaved off.....you will be paying up Carl  see u tues

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 01:08:55 AM »
Skemutd,
That,s a Defo, if you win £50 to you Charity! and to be fair if you draw again i will pay up!!! but lose you shave your hair off! but there is an awful lot of them curly locks to be cut, lol.

well played today, should have done you 2nd Half. See you Tuesday get the beer in :bunny

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
Couple of other teams that played against lower league sides and struggled:

Grimsby 0 - 0 Buxton

Mansfield 1-1 Matlock

I doubt they have there managers and teams down as rubbish although supporters will be equally frusrated.  There are plenty of higher league teams that go out in cups to lower we all just hope it's never ours.  To re iterate from what I saw on Tuesday there is some good stuff within the team just a matter of keeping it consistent.  I guess that's why these players are at the level they are at and that's the reality of it.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »

Grimsby 0 - 0 Buxton

Mansfield 1-1 Matlock

I doubt they have there managers and teams down as rubbish although supporters will be equally frusrated.  There are plenty of higher league teams that go out in cups to lower we all just hope it's never ours.  To re iterate from what I saw on Tuesday there is some good stuff within the team just a matter of keeping it consistent. I guess that's why these players are at the level they are at and that's the reality of it.
The bit in bold is a silly statement. It doesn't matter what level you play at you can always find consistent performers for that level. Chester, Guiseley, Brackley and Halifax have this year. Scott and Hurst did for us a couple of years ago. You're just making excuses for our players. Not knocking them I think they are improving but to say all players at this level are inconsistent is absurd.

Edit: Can't comment on yesterday as I wasn't there (first and probably only game I'll miss this season). Generally I think we've seen everything this season. Played exceptionally well and ripped teams apart in some games, Chester and Histon spring to mind (would have been Altrincham in the cup as well had we not had a man sent off). JL has got it tactically right on some occassions, here I'm thinking Halifax and Stalybridge away. Then there's been the really bad, see Hinckley home, Oxford City and Bishop Stortford away. Then there's the wrong tactics, last 2 home league games. The rest has been largely ok as LCB has said, where in most games we've had good and bad spells.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:46:41 AM by woad_pilgrim »

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »

Grimsby 0 - 0 Buxton

Mansfield 1-1 Matlock

I doubt they have there managers and teams down as rubbish although supporters will be equally frusrated.  There are plenty of higher league teams that go out in cups to lower we all just hope it's never ours.  To re iterate from what I saw on Tuesday there is some good stuff within the team just a matter of keeping it consistent. I guess that's why these players are at the level they are at and that's the reality of it.
The bit in bold is a silly statement. It doesn't matter what level you play at you can always find consistent performers for that level. Chester, Guiseley, Brackley and Halifax have this year. Scott and Hurst did for us a couple of years ago. You're just making excuses for our players. Not knocking them I think they are improving but to say all players at this level are inconsistent is absurd.

Edit: Can't comment on yesterday as I wasn't there (first and probably only game I'll miss this season). Generally I think we've seen everything this season. Played exceptionally well and ripped teams apart in some games, Chester and Histon spring to mind (would have been Altrincham in the cup as well had we not had a man sent off). JL has got it tactically right on some occassions, here I'm thinking Halifax and Stalybridge away. Then there's been the really bad, see Hinckley home, Oxford City and Bishop Stortford away. Then there's the wrong tactics, last 2 home league games. The rest has been largely ok as LCB has said, where in most games we've had good and bad spells.

Ok make that more inconsistent than those at a higher level and we're done.  End of the day they are at this level for a reason and clearly they have some ability as we've all seen it on occassion.  As for saying those at the top don't have off days that's equally silly.  Check out Guiesely result against Solihull not one you'd expect them to loose but they did they just have fewer than our squad.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »
I think the tactics are the same every week. Just think it work's against some Chester for example and not others. No disrespect to skem but they where hardly better than histon. We was just terrible had we got it on the floor we would have been fine

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
 RE: " DN needs to look at low turn-out" as stated in earlier thread  .

Atts yesterday in trophy .

Grimsby v Buxton ( 2divs lower )  gate down 60%.

Telford v Nuneaton ( Nice local match for away fans )  att    730

Halifax v Altricham (short journey again for away fans )  att   880

Boston v Scem      (160 miles. well done Scemmy fans )   att  710 .

This makes Bostons attendance commendable , both telford and halifax historicly have bigger crowds than us .  And Andy Sinton  Telford manager is no cardboard  cutout .

See some Alty fans are calling for Lee Sinnotts head ,  another manager some of our fans have touted for the Boston job in the past .

Newton does not need the likes of me to advise him as he would have seen the recession coming before the average footy fan .
Clubs slow to act on falling income will struggle to see the season out .

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »

Grimsby 0 - 0 Buxton

Mansfield 1-1 Matlock

Ok make that more inconsistent than those at a higher level and we're done.  End of the day they are at this level for a reason and clearly they have some ability as we've all seen it on occassion.  As for saying those at the top don't have off days that's equally silly.  Check out Guiesely result against Solihull not one you'd expect them to loose but they did they just have fewer than our squad.
I didn't say they don't have an offday. I said they were consistent. Consistency is about winning most weeks and if you don't win make sure you nick a draw. The top 3 have lost less games between them than we have. Let's face facts our team lack the consistency which is why we have lost as many as we have won. All 8 teams above us in the league have won more than they have lost. We have a good team and manager IMO. To become a top 5 team they need to cut out the silly errors, learn how to see games out and how to win/draw when they don't play well. Obviously every team losses games to suggest they don't would be ridiculous, but for the remainder of the season we need to get that mental toughness to see teams off. I'm optimistic but think you're a bit rose-tinted if you think we are as consistent a team as Guiseley et al.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »
100% correct WP.     To get the consistency and toughness required to this young team is games , in giving them the required experience means hiccups along the way .
Hope fans are tolerent and give the lads a chance, sadly unlike you and I some fans demand instant results .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »
Great performance from the underdogs!
Just like to say well done to Skelmersdale again!
The like of MyLeftFoot,GHM and so on somehow distracted the purpose of my posting!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
So sorry old chap  :bunny
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »
Should have but the message on the Scem forum mate like the rest of us .!!!!