Author Topic: Get behind your team FFS....  (Read 9291 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Get behind your team FFS....
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
Cut the office staff down for starters!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:47 PM »
I wouldn't do anything differently, we're strapped for cash and a victim of circumstance. DN's doing his best but the tide of apathy has turned against the club. I honestly don't know where we go from here.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »
One manager instead of 3

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »
Cut the office staff !!!!!!!   that would make it even more difficult for N/F to purchase a discounted ticket ..

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »
N 40 I've told you before, misery is contagious. I'll considered sweeping, emotive statements do no one any good.

Times are hard. I, as you will remember the days of a couple hundred at an evening match. A pile of rubbish on display. People are fickle. Times change too. Kids chase the glory of premier league footy. Turn on the tv almost any day and live national or international football is there.

I wouldn't want it to look like you had some issue with JL. But it does seem that way increasingly. Remember he's an ex footballer learning a new art. He's been given the opportunity by the man that saved this club, he should be supported as should the chairman.

“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »
He's given up on it! The attitude from the office staff has lost Mr Newton some income!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
Too right........why have one person to tell me I can't buy a ticket when 3 can make it crystal clear!!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:01 PM »
N40! How much is the heating bill in that office?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
N 40 I've told you before, misery is contagious. I'll considered sweeping, emotive statements do no one any good.

Times are hard. I, as you will remember the days of a couple hundred at an evening match. A pile of rubbish on display. People are fickle. Times change too. Kids chase the glory of premier league footy. Turn on the tv almost any day and live national or international football is there.

I wouldn't want it to look like you had some issue with JL. But it does seem that way increasingly. Remember he's an ex footballer learning a new art. He's been given the opportunity by the man that saved this club, he should be supported as should the chairman.

As honest a player and person as Jason is its never a good idea giving an ex pro a management job in non league. It rarely works and nothing I've seen in 18 months here will change my opinion. And its a shame, because I think the very qualities JL showed as a player are sorely missing in his teams.

Evening all, busy day tomorrow.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
You are indeed self absorbed.  ???
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »
N/F may be right ,  instead of recruiting an ex-pro why did,nt Newton recruit a plummer or a brickies labourer of one of his sites to manage his football team !!!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »
As honest a player and person as Jason is its never a good idea giving an ex pro a management job in non league. It rarely works and nothing I've seen in 18 months here will change my opinion. And its a shame, because I think the very qualities JL showed as a player are sorely missing in his teams.

Scott & Hurst were ex pro's!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:54:57 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:58 AM »
Sorry N/F your posts are now getting on my nerves. Facts are we drew last night to a sucker punch, yes we are in- experienced but have some eager lads the majority of posts last night were positive. As for ex pros doing the job, give it a rest, it matters not if youve played at the highest level. JL knows who plays in the reserves, the academy and speaks to all levels, would S/E , you know the answer. You always have a bitch with the the club whatever the situation.

Tommorow night I will be in the social club enjoying another big footballing name and comedian and food and  bet it will be well supported,over a hundred id imagine and a great night. So for once look at the positives. and before i hear the reasons why you wont go  I know and understand, but we are in transition and will take time, JL for me is ok.

Remember the ref at the Alty match who sent two off, an ruined our FA Cup run, afternoon, and purple patch , well he was the lino who might get Paul Lambert the sack after two shocking deciscions at City at the weekend.
My point being stop looking back and take the positives.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 03:46:38 PM »
Sorry N/F your posts are now getting on my nerves. Facts are we drew last night to a sucker punch, yes we are in- experienced but have some eager lads the majority of posts last night were positive. As for ex pros doing the job, give it a rest, it matters not if youve played at the highest level. JL knows who plays in the reserves, the academy and speaks to all levels, would S/E , you know the answer. You always have a bitch with the the club whatever the situation.

Tommorow night I will be in the social club enjoying another big footballing name and comedian and food and  bet it will be well supported,over a hundred id imagine and a great night. So for once look at the positives. and before i hear the reasons why you wont go  I know and understand, but we are in transition and will take time, JL for me is ok.

Remember the ref at the Alty match who sent two off, an ruined our FA Cup run, afternoon, and purple patch , well he was the lino who might get Paul Lambert the sack after two shocking deciscions at City at the weekend.
My point being stop looking back and take the positives.
To be fair if we get a good result Andy is one of the first on here to congratulate the team despite not being convinced by JL. Other people who equally don't rate JL disappear when we get good results.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
noughtyforties i am not sure what games you watch but the standard overall this season play wise has being good. just watch the passing and of the ball runs on youtube clips. nobody can say we don't play good football. yes, results mean everything. but even top teams in the world don't win everything.  maybe if some of the moaners on here vented there hot air towards singing and chanting come 2.55 every saturday then maybe our team would get that lift off too :)