Author Topic: 1 2 or 3 should go?  (Read 16475 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1 2 or 3 should go?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
Name these players that are better than we have that will come and play at Boston for the  same pay as they are on with their present club ?.
A case of not thinking it out dt.

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
one thing people aint thinking about is the location of players we cant have players traveling stupid miles to play for us as holgrove n white proved last season we not in a great catch area for players being released from higher clubs

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
one thing people aint thinking about is the location of players we cant have players traveling stupid miles to play for us as holgrove n white proved last season we not in a great catch area for players being released from higher clubs

Welcome and very true.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
Exactly ,  some cannot think that out , picky & bosleake.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 11:19:11 PM »
Same old excuse! Scott and hurst could find them.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
Same old excuse! Scott and hurst could find them.

found in the ilkeston team

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »
No KON , it was david holdswoth who found most of them ( plus SW who found our best player Pearson )  Budget reduced a couple of times too .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »
No KON , it was david holdswoth who found most of them ( plus SW who found our best player Pearson )  Budget reduced a couple of times too .

Let's not be-little the Scott n Hurst revelation, they turned us round.  Yes they inherited an Ilkeston team and brought much of it along for the ride, but they dug out results and got players to perform above their station regularly. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 05:35:10 AM »
Just a minute! So what if Holdsworth found then.Your argument is that players won't travel to Boston?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
I think what hes trying to say is that with reduced wages at this level of football players wont travel so far as the wages dont cut it. Totally agree with Bos Leake JL is forming a squad that geographically makes sense for the travelling to training and budget etc. The team to me is being around youth who may not be good enough to walk away with the league but compete and develop. This isnt the club that can pay players in London a hefty wage to travel to matches and not train with the club like past managers have allowed.

Dont get me wrong would love to see a David Rennie type centre back or an Andy Kirk type centre forward but we are where we are.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
Dont get me wrong would love to see a David Rennie type centre back or an Andy Kirk type centre forward but we are where we are.

The problem with that kind of squad building is that for every Andy Kirk, there are 3 Miguel De Souza's
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 10:20:09 AM »
I know we train mostly at RAF Cranwell to try and reduce the travelling for the players midweek but maybe we should look at training even further afield i.e. the Nottingham / Leicester area to give us more scope when it comes to attracting players.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
I know we train mostly at RAF Cranwell to try and reduce the travelling for the players midweek but maybe we should look at training even further afield i.e. the Nottingham / Leicester area to give us more scope when it comes to attracting players.

I Seemed to think a few year back we did a bit of training towards sheffeild area. prob worth a punt

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 02:01:01 PM »
A lessoin reality for the dreamers demanding the managers bring in good players from further a field .
Teams like Guiseley , halifax hyde etc get the pick of good quality ex- league players on the doorstep .
OK, you want to entice them to Boston !

1  To come to Boston would involve 3 trips a week totaling 600miles + for training and   
     matches .
     Cost :  Petrol, wear and tear of car ,  £95 / week .

2  To fit in this travelling they would have to probably lose 3/4 hours pay a week at day
      job .
     Cost:    Depending on profession , say £50 a week

If they come to Boston for a extra £200 wage a week, taking into account above figures +
extra tax and NI they will make a net gain of about £40 a week .

So to pocket £40 week extra (less the cost of fish and chips on the way home three times a week) to come to Boston what impact  does it have .?
 Mainly they exchange spending 12hrs at home with family for 12 hrs a week driving along
a motorway .
If we were realistic about tempting these players to Boston offering to double their wages would be futile.

These moaners are wise sticking to fantasy football ,  mush easier than the real thing .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 02:42:59 PM »

I Seemed to think a few year back we did a bit of training towards sheffeild area. prob worth a punt
I knew several years ago, the club trained somewhere near Newark