Author Topic: Leamington  (Read 12357 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 05:14:03 PM »
Crucial 3 points , hopefully a turning point .   Given DN much food for thought .   Don't think he will rush to bring in an outside appointment this week .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 05:43:49 PM »
Before I posted I had a quick gleg at the predictions...
Hats off to you Chubby predicting 0-2...
Can't imagine many of us saw that coming!

Well done KH etc...great result
Maybe the excitement is returning to the club?
Attacking style again??
 Also in last two games ex players have not scored against us!

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »
Before I posted I had a quick gleg at the predictions...
Hats off to you Chubby predicting 0-2...
Can't imagine many of us saw that coming!

Well done KH etc...great result
Maybe the excitement is returning to the club?
Attacking style again??
 Also in last two games ex players have not scored against us!

Cheers matey, but the win is much more important, is KH the man we need,I don't know but he has certainly put the 🐈 amoung the Pigeons.
Yes it's great to see us attacking again, after all it's the best line of defence.
You have to be hell of a defence to sit and soak up pressure for 90 minutes at any level.
My motto is (keep them busy in their back yard).

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »
Well done to all involved a much needed win.
Still this is a huge decision and I would give it a couple more weeks to see if Hawley is a real contender but he is doing himself no harm at all.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »
Well done to all involved a much needed win.
Still this is a huge decision and I would give it a couple more weeks to see if Hawley is a real contender but he is doing himself no harm at all.
Agree with all of that. Yes massive decision to be made, especially if an application's come in from someone they weren't expecting? KH has got a big reaction last 2 games & the 3pts today priceless. DN may put an appointment on hold until after Stockport & Harrogate games? Then again if they didn't get apps from stronger candidates give Karl the job? He could have walked away with AM instead he's picked up the baton & lifted the place. As regards his character: in our match programme last season he was asked "best friend in football?" - His answer "you don't have any friends in football".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
Crucial 3 points , hopefully a turning point .   Given DN much food for thought .   Don't think he will rush to bring in an outside appointment this week .

Well Pete I can report that David was punching the air and the biggest smile that he has worn for a long time, certainly didn't look like a man ready to walk away as has been ludicrously suggested by some.
Moving on to the game I honestly didn't think we were in any danger of throwing away our early lead. A lot of stand out performances not least from Jay who was so unplayable three different opponents were booked for taking him out in the first half, my man of the match. There has to be a special mention for Harry Vince who led them a merry dance the through ball that led to the penalty was not really meant for him but he took complete control, got there first and as he does so well drew the rash challenge, Brilliant.
As I say they all did exceptionally well and all deserve a mention.
I understand on Tuesday they were told by Carl to clear their heads and go out and express themselves. It was very obvious they were told the same again today, a complete contrast to what their instructions have been this season ie; they have been playing with fear that a mistake would mean they were off. This new approach is what is needed and if that means Carl gets the gig then he will do for me.  UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »

Well Pete I can report that David was punching the air and the biggest smile that he has worn for a long time, certainly didn't look like a man ready to walk away as has been ludicrously suggested by some.
Moving on to the game I honestly didn't think we were in any danger of throwing away our early lead. A lot of stand out performances not least from Jay who was so unplayable three different opponents were booked for taking him out in the first half, my man of the match. There has to be a special mention for Harry Vince who led them a merry dance the through ball that led to the penalty was not really meant for him but he took complete control, got there first and as he does so well drew the rash challenge, Brilliant.
As I say they all did exceptionally well and all deserve a mention.
I understand on Tuesday they were told by Carl to clear their heads and go out and express themselves. It was very obvious they were told the same again today, a complete contrast to what their instructions have been this season ie; they have been playing with fear that a mistake would mean they were off. This new approach is what is needed and if that means Carl gets the gig then he will do for me.  UTP

Thanks for the report Mel ,  pleased for all the fans who made the journey . Listening to Karl he seems in control and confident of turning things round , after Tues and todays games you can sense the fans are getting the feel good factor back .
Success will mean fuller jam jars Mel . :)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
 A very tidy result ..
 Will the Owners seek to draw out the selection process using the increased options before them ?

Or maybe the next 4 games Stockport  Harrogate York and a FAT tie may be enough to make a decision  .

I would hope no silly contracts are awarded in the interim  :blank:

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
Result of the season for us and will probably save us from relegation. However, weak sides like Leamington should always be no match for any Pilgrim outfit.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »
Fantastic result today, hope many more follow :)

As for KH. not saying he shouldn't get the job but think he needs to be given a little longer, we have seen this knee-jerk, playing out their skins before when a manager has departed only for the same players then to return to normal, I hope I am wrong but just don't want us rushing into it with our hearts and not our heads as we have previously.

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 12:56:36 AM »
Maybe it was the voice of KH that the players wanted to listen to all along, the only way to change it would be what they have done.
Just my opinion of course, not saying that is what happened.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »
Maybe it was the voice of KH that the players wanted to listen to all along, the only way to change it would be what they have done.
I haven't been in contact with any of the players just things I've heard from people who have .but I think Murray was maybe trying to make things more professional by giving the players a lot more information than they really need .so they were thinking to much into the games instead of just going out and doing there jobs.we have certainly played more attacking football in the last 2 games than we have all season. The players look more comfortable on the pitch this is showing in the 2 games since Adam went.so maybe Carl has just made it more simpler to go out and enjoy the game .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »
I haven't been in contact with any of the players just things I've heard from people who have .but I think Murray was maybe trying to make things more professional by giving the players a lot more information than they really need .so they were thinking to much into the games instead of just going out and doing there jobs.we have certainly played more attacking football in the last 2 games than we have all season. The players look more comfortable on the pitch this is showing in the 2 games since Adam went.so maybe Carl has just made it more simpler to go out and enjoy the game .

Spot on Mick.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 10:26:22 AM »
We look a lot better having a go like first half than sitting g back like 2nd half. Rollins and hemmings really troubled them. Vince top and clifton made a lot of purposeful runs from deep.
2nd half we invited them on and but for poor finishes and some good saves we could have blown the good work. But a welcome clean sheet and away win. Something to build on, now we need to beat Stockport as Harrogate away after it is unlikely yield any rewards

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
For whatever reason Tshimanga looked a little jaded when he came on to replace Greg.