Author Topic: Gimme FIVE  (Read 14179 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gimme FIVE
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 08:27:31 PM »
I always thought that Millers success came mostly from winning penalties for us and the goals that followed. Southwells success seems to come from him not winning penalties but scoring in open play. Be interesting to know their stats in relation to penalty goals and open play goals. Anyway DG was right about soon forgetting Miller.

Miller scored 9 penalties last season, with 19 from open play (plus the one he wasn't given against Gainsborough!).
Southwell has scored 4 penalties this season, with 14 from open play (15 games to go)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
Good news regarding Southwell.
Pidge, Vince and Felix are signed for next season as they signed two year deals last summer. Not quite sure what the state of play with Newsh is he had the "option" of a second year but my guess this would be that it is triggered by a certain amount of appearances this season?

Apart from those mentioned I would also like to see Garner, Mills and Walker all signed up on contract for next season ASAP.
Get the impression Steer isn't overly keen on contracts as I would presume he would have been offered one at some point given his ability.

Others in the squad will either be released in the summer or kept on non contract terms.

I'd like to see Jona offered a contract too at the end of the season if he's freed from Spalding.

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
I have missed the last seven home games due to health issues...BAH! Looks like i'm missing some good stuff too... :( :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 05:34:33 PM »
Another 5... into 5th place